Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Big boy

I’m in awe that in less than 2 weeks Daniel will be 3 years old. Although (we feel) we’ve been treating him like an older child, forgetting that he is still only 2 it feels like a real big deal to me that he will soon be 3.

Daniel is finally getting this potty training deal. Yes, he still goes in his diaper a lot but he’s also very proud when he gets it in the potty. High fives all around. Hugs and kisses too. And the occasional treat of ice cream. (that last one is his Daddy’s idea – usually because Daddy wants a treat too.)

Daniel has been practicing for his big day. He made a “cake” by stacking some toys and then sang “Happy to you, Happy to you” before blowing out an imaginary candle. It was a sweet moment. We both look forward to the real thing.

It is so difficult for me to describe the pride and love that I feel for him when he learns a new skill. Or talks in complete-ish sentences. Or when he pees in the potty and beams with pride at his accomplishment. Or when he gives me hugs and kisses. And when he tells me he loves me. Xoxox little man Dan!

Daniel made cookies for the first time this past weekend (with a little help from his mommy).

Hey Daniel I think that cookie needs more icing.

As he ate his cookies his only comment was "MMMMMmmmm...mmmmmmm...good!"

No comments: